The rate of pay that you should be receiving is in your enterprise agreement. You can check your payslip against the rates there. Your letter of employment will have your level of employment as should your payslip. Check that they are the same. 

If you are casually employed it can be more difficult as there are multiple rates that can apply, particularly if you are working as a sessional teaching academic. You should keep detailed records of when you work (by hours) and what you do through a teaching period. If you are a member, we can help assess whether you have been underpaid.

There are also payments for overtime for professional staff, allowances, and superannuation that are contained within your enterprise agreement.

If you don’t work somewhere where there is an enterprise agreement you will need to check your payslip against the Award. 

Ask us for advice on payment through the Help@Work page for members.